Sunday, May 15, 2016

Do you know what kinds of lions I've hunted?

(*disclaimer* Hunting lions is not to be taken literal in this case. This is not *that* kind of post)

Maybe I'm weird because I spend an overwhelming amount of time with 10 year olds, or maybe everyone watches an unhealthy amount of Kid History.  But the cool thing, there are lessons to be learned from EVERYTHING we put in our lives.  Over the last little while, a quote from an episode of Kid History has been playing through my mind on repeat:
"Do you know where I've been?" 
"Do you know what kinds of lions I've hunted?"
Humans are remarkable.  Every. Single. One. of us has been in different situations and "hunted different lions".  Yet, Every. Single. One. of us gets out of bed everyday and walks around doing remarkable things regardless of the lions we've hunted.  We go to our jobs, take care of our families, and smile--leaving the lions we've hunted behind.  So next time you see a fellow "lion hunter" smile and give them a high five. We are all doing the best that we can and we deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment