Monday, December 26, 2011

A post Christmas dating post

The holidays are such a joyous time. A time where families gather for good times and good conversations. As a single, young adult, the talk usually vers in a single, or rather, married direction. My favorite, infamous question....Are you dating anyone? and it's rather pointless follow up...Why?
I have yet to come up with a response to that last question.
The only thing my sarcastic brain can come up with is..."I don't know. Why don't you tell me."
Sometimes I actually respond with that...and sometimes the innocent inquirerer enlightens me on the exact reason for my naked left ring finger. But that is neither here nor there.

So internet. I'm not dating anyone. Yuh wanna know why????
I don't actually know.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...
As soon as those males realize how dang amazing I am...I won't be able to keep them away.

The problem is, they have yet to realize the fact that I am quite a catch.

Now, I have very little experience in the dating scene. Some--but very little. It would be very easy to fit my dating resume on one page. On occasion this bothers me. I sometimes wish I could relate every situation to one of my "exes". I wish I had endless memories of tickle fights, late night cuddling, etc,etc. But then I think about it and I'm not really missing out on all that much. I mean on the bright side...my heart is still relativly in one piece. I'm real good at paying for my own dinner. etc. etc. Thus, I'm pretty well off if you ask me.

Someday, I will have the opportunity to participate in dating bliss. Someday I'll find my one and only. My better half.

One things for sure....
I'll have to make sure he really really loves me before I take him home to meet the rest of my family tree. They're a little nuts.

3 comments:

  1. I'm counting on that part about the endless tickle fights being a joke. If so, that's way funny. If not, then I guess I have had missed out.

    Also, I'm sad I missed you and CJ at Caitlyn's sweater party. Tell Mr Stringham hello for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you. are. adorable. i'll marry you any day, girlfriend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm a little late reading this, but i really just laughed out loud at work at your tickle fights comments... among other things. i think we are very alike. :)

    ReplyDelete