Sunday, August 15, 2010

I Am

Over the last year I've been trying to grow closer to the Savior and to truly believe that He Lives and the He loves and knows me.

All my life I've been taught that the Savior lives and that He knows each of his children personally.  I just kinda took that for what it was and didn't question it.  I remember being at a Young  Women activity when I was probably 17 years old.  The activity was centered around Easter.  We had been talking about Jesus Christ and how He rose from the tomb on the third day and how He Lives.  It was all the same stuff I'd heard many times before.  But this time, something was different.  During the closing prayer the words, "Dear Heavenly Father," and "in the name of Jesus Christ" took on new meaning to me.  They do LIVE.  When we pray we aren't just talking to the air but we are talking to our Father in Heaven and our Savior Jesus Christ.  It's like everything I knew was finally making sense.

Ever since this experience, I've wondered where my relationship with the Savior stands.  I know He Lives and that He loves me and is always there for me, but what does that mean to me and in my life?

A few months ago a sweet lady who teaches Relief Society in my home ward who is a great example to me, shared this song and video during her lesson.

It touched me so much realizing everything the Savior does for me.  As we grow up, our relationship with Him  changes and He becomes more to us.

I hope this video strengthens other's testimonies as much as it strengthened mine.



Whether at this point in your life the Savior is your
"elbow Healer, Superhero, Heartache Healer, Secret Keeper, Shepherd, Pasture Maker, Creature, Maker, Life Sustainer, Comforter, Healer, or Redeemer"
He is always "Lord and King, Beginning and the End", and he is always there.

No comments:

Post a Comment