Monday, March 19, 2012

Expectation vs Reality

Have you seen 500 days of Summer? You know the part when they show his expectations vs what is actually happening and in the expectations, things are great....but in reality, they aren't so great.

I have this problem.

I set my expectations.  And then the reality slaps me in the face.

They say things happen unexpectedly.  So I sit around expecting the unexpected.  You may think that's not possible, but I do it. All the time.

I dream up the perfect setting.  The way things should go.  Then they don't go anything like that and it leaves me feeling lost and betrayed.  Betrayed by someone or something that only existed in my expectations.

I don't know why my reality isn't enough, but it just isn't anymore.  The reality of what my life actually is doesn't live up to the expectations I have in my head.  The person that I am doesn't nearly live up to who I want to be.  The things that happen to me aren't what I feel they should be.

I hate that I feel like this.  I know that I am so blessed and I'm so grateful for the things I've been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment