Wednesday, June 23, 2010

You could call me a country traveler

So I actually haven't traveled the WHOLE country, but I've been to see some pretty cool places!

Since a picture is worth 1000 words, I'll let them do the talking!! :)

First stop: Philadelphia, PA
First off all I feel like this was my first brush with a "big city".  I mean I've been to Mesa, Salt Lake, and Phoenix, and even San Diego, but nothing compared to the traffic we drove in here.  Anyway...
We went to Valley Forge, The Liberty Bell, a cool church, Independence Hall (but we couldn't get in for a tour) and the art museum with the famous rocky steps, where we made our own "art".
After our trip to the "big" city, there were two epic clue games both of which I lost :(

Next Stop: New York!!
New York was awesome! I loved every minute of it.  We first walked around got a hot dog and headed to the theatre where our Broadway show was going to be.  We saw South Pacific.  It was great!! Then we continued to Time Square.  We also went to China Town and got some amazing massages.  If only I had pictures...they would be epic!


Next Stop: Washington DC
Washington DC was beautiful.  I loved being there and the feeling of the town. I'm so grateful for this country and all the sacrifices that so many people have made so that we can live the way we do.  We went to a sobering Holocaust museum.  I was very touched by the beautiful exhibit.  We also went to the American History Smithsonian and the mall where the Washington Monument, Lincoln Monument, and War Memorials are.  It was beautiful. 

On our final day we spent some good times with our family.  It was great to spend time with my cousins because I don't get to see them very often.  We played poker,  wiffle ball (spelling??),  went to Gentry's graduation, went to dinner, and shopping.  It was so much fun.  I'm so grateful to my aunt and uncle for everything they did for us.  It was an AMAZING vacation that I will seriously always cherish!!
What a great trip!


No comments:

Post a Comment