Thursday, February 23, 2012

it happened

You know those moments when things just start making sense.  The moments when the stars align and the clouds open up and you just know something and it just feels so. darn. good.

That happened to me.

Let me explain....
My education is a struggle for  me.  There are so many hoops I have to jump through and I. HATE. IT.  I feel like when I came to college, I knew what I wanted to do.  I wanted to teach.  I wanted to make a difference in the lives of children.  I wanted to be INFLUENTIAL.  
As I started into my classes, all was well.  I couldn't wait to get to the point I'm at now where the classes actually mean something and my time spent here would actually have a purpose.
But, as I started my classes this semester, that wasn't happening.  They weren't teaching me how to make a difference.  They are teaching me how to be a cookie-cutter teacher.  They teach me about tests, and lesson plans, and mumbo jumbo.


After about three weeks of the three hour long classes where they teach me not to lecture by lecturing me, I was ready to throw in the towel.  I spent many hours in tears because everything I had wanted wasn't what I wanted after all.

But, I'm so close to being done and so I decided to stick it out and then figure out my new path after I graduated.

But then, it happened.  I was sitting there at 1 am doing my pointless homework, and all of the sudden I was like...
"I want to be a teacher. In fact I am dying to be a teacher. As in I'm going to be a {damn} good teacher."

And there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment