Tuesday, August 14, 2012

have a nice trip.

this trippin blogpost is soooo overdue.  I started it on time like 2 days after we returned, but then ya know real life got in the way, and It has yet to be finished.  Sooooo hopefully today I will be posting it. We'll see.

so last month (raise your hand if you think it's trippy that it's the MIDDLE of AUGUST already...whew) anyway. my family and I took a joyful road trip to the big A to the Z area code 480.  It was vonderful.

first stop....rainstrom.
this was a freak rainstorm.  Literally. God dumped the whole pacific ocean from the sky in two minutes and then it was done. 


Sin Citay. 
We stopped to watch the fountains and then went to the gardens in the Bellagio.  If you get a chance, go. It's pretty cool.
We stayed at Sam's Town and had wonderful pina colada's while we watched the light show




The next day, we headed out of Vegas.  We stopped to see the temple because we love to...

And I bought a house...nbd ;)
You're all invited to visit the day after I win the lottery.... 

Onward we went to good ol' Mesa
When we got there we went to Sweet Tomatoes {no pictures because I was busy...stuffing my face with the best food eva} 
Then we went to see the building of the Gilbert Temple.  

Love it.
Next day...POOL TIME
And Baseball time!


Randomly at the game, I found my future husband and child.  It was very convenient. 

http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2012/06/11/ADP-often-influenced-by-suspect-numbers-NF1LND2G-x-large.jpg



Just doin his thing ...playing 1st base...being sexy

And my/our future child. 
I have yet to talk it over with the hubs because he doesn't even really know we are married yet. 
details. details.
the picture doesn't even do him justice.  he's ADORABLE and a baller. love it.

Friday, we went to the natural bridge in Payson, AZ.  
the gift shop was pretty legit. Ghetto, yet legit.

Now here's the thing.  The first hike we decided to go on was to see a waterfall. I guess I had a distorted image as to what a waterfall actually was.  So let me look it up.....

wa·ter·fall/ˈwôtərˌfôl/

Noun:
A cascade of water falling from a height, formed when a river or stream flows over a precipice or steep incline.     


So I was expecting a cascade. ya know....a large gushing wall of water. 
here's what we saw....


 see it?? no? ok close one eye and tilt your head to the left....
now do you see it?
drip. drip. drop. little april shower. 

So that was a wee bit of a disappointment.

The natural bridge, as I understand it, is completely naturally made by erosion from wind and water...
(do I sound like a 3rd grade teacher...cuz I'm gonna be one.  just practicing :))  
looking down from the top. looks pretty cool.
So you see those itty bitty people down in there? here let me zoom it in for you....
 

That's where we decided to go. 
Way down there. 
 
So anyway, we headed down the trail to see the bridge from below. 
the trail ended here.
 
 
then we thought it would be a brilliant idea to climb all the huge slippery rocks and walk under the bridge. 
brilliant.
and I only got stuck twice. 
pretty good.
So I really can't describe to y'all how intense this was climbing over all these boulders floating on water. 
 
I can only imagine what it would have been like if I was overweight and had awful balance...
oh wait....

But it was real cool, and I got real sweaty. 

Then we went for pizza! 
pizza has never tasted so good. 

Then we went to the pool. and I got fried like a pickle...
side note...what is with fried pickles
I've seen like 25 posts on blogs, instagram etc
about fried pickles
I'm thinking I must try these delectables...
now back on track.
That weekend, the OLYMPICS began. So the rest of the trip was pretty much spend in front of the TV listening to my grandma, who apparently coaches every Olympic athlete, cheer on her trainees. 


The last day, we partook of theeee best snowcones known to man on the planet earth at Bahama Bucks.
Delicious.


 Then we roadtripped it back to Utah. 
Sooo much fun was had. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment