Sunday, July 31, 2011

Random fact #2

**Just so you know.  I think of these random things that have happened to me in my life that I want to remember.  Then I blog about them and schedule the post to come out at some random time.  Here is #2. To see #1 click here.  Who knows when #3 will debut :) **

I attended the 22 inning San Diego Padres game.  If you don't know a typical baseball game is 9 innings.  We sang "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" for the 7th inning stretch, the 14th inning stretch, and the 21st inning stretch.  


The game was 6 hours and 16 minutes long.

The game was score less until the 14th inning.

There were 15 different pitchers. And 659 pitches.

It was the longest game since 1993.  It was the longest game in both Rockies history and the history of Petco Park(home of the Padres).

And I saw the whole thing.  And it was AWESOME!!
The scoreboard says inning 23 because that would have been the next inning.  The final score was 2-1 and the Rockies won.  

No comments:

Post a Comment