Sunday, September 11, 2011

Bring Him Home.



10 Years ago today I was in Mrs. Fletcher's 5th grade class.
Earlier that morning my parents had the TV on watching buildings in New York catch on fire.
I didn't know what was going on.
Source

10 Years ago today I heard the word terrorist for the first time.
We watched the news all day long in my classroom waiting to hear what happened.
My teacher tearfully tried to explain the turmoil that was happening far away, yet effected us so much.
Source
10 Years ago today I felt a fear I had never felt before.
I didn't know what was happening, I just knew it wasn't good.
I knew many people had lost their lives.
Source

10 Years ago today I didn't sleep.
I stayed up in my mom and dad's bed trying to make sense of everything.
I watched I Love Lucy and Dick Van Dyke to block out the terror in my mind.
Source

10 Years ago today many lost their lives defending my freedom.
Innocent and unsuspecting people were killed.
Children just like me lost mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents.
Source

10 Years ago today our nation was attacked.
I will never forget this day.
I am and will always be grateful for those willing to risk their own lives so I have the freedom to get up in the morning and go to school.  The people who leave their life of freedom to ensure that I could freely worship as I pleased today.

"These acts of mass murder were intended to frighten our nation into chaos and retreat but they have failed...None of us will ever forget this day. Thank you and God Bless America." 
-George W. Bush


No comments:

Post a Comment