Sunday, February 20, 2011

My Grandpa

Day 11=A person I admire

My Grandpa is my hero.
He's everything I hope my husband is someday.
His testimony of the gospel is what helped me develop mine.
I've learned everything I know about hard work from him.
He's taught me how to love and how to forgive.
I love hearing him say "Why do I love you so much?"
He snores like a champ.
Still studies the gospel very diligently.
I could really use one of his hugs right now.


One day my first month of college, I was really having a hard time.  I had called my mom crying one day and just couldn't find any comfort.  Then I checked my e-mail and I had a message from him with the subject "Grandpa's Girl" I started bawling and through tear filled eyes read this inspired e-mail.  Just to share a part of it...


Drop me a note when you get a minute and remember, the world is going to evaluate you in terms of 3 numbers and a decimal point so study hard.  And, as you know, the Lord’s kingdom is a whole different story.

Remember your Grandpa loves you and if anyone gives you a hard time, tell them to knock it off or your Grandpa will come up there.  That should really scare them huh.

I love this man more than he will ever know and I am so thankful for everything he has done for me and my family.  He is my hero.  Love you Grandpa  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment